Bookings can be made via email, phone or in person. We would ask that you come into the studio for a consultation, this is so you can chat to an artist to work out a quote and how long you need for your session. If booking via email please attach any designs you have in mind, as well as your name and contact details. Please note that a R600 deposit must be paid to secure your booking. A R1200 deposit must be made to secure a full day booking.
- Aftercare advice will be different from studio to studio as well as the artists from the same studio. Each artist will advise you on what they find heals the tattoo best.
- Most advise would recommend that you leave your covering on for 12-24 hours. Carefully remove your cover and gently rinse tattoo with lukewarm water and a non-fragrance soap.
- Apply a very small amount of baby bum cream such as Bepanthen. Repeat 3-5 times a day.
- Make sure the tattoo is clean and dry, do not soak the tattoo for at least 6 weeks. Showering is okay bathing/swimming is not.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, especially for colour work as it will burn and fade. Make sure to wear a high SPF sun cream if you are going to be outside.
- Do not pick at scabs or scratch tattoo if itchy, let the scabbing fall off in its own time, and pat the tattoo lightly if itchy.
Vouchers can be purchased in studio or via email. Please provide us with your name, surname and contact details. As well as the name of the intended recipient, the amount the voucher holds too and any special message for the recipient. The voucher can be made for any amount and will be deducted from the final tattoo price. Please forward us proof of payment and the voucher will be sent through.
Please note that vouchers are only valid for 6 months.
There is no charge for design.
Jade works at R1300 per hour.
Kieren works at R850 per hour.
Small tattoos start at R600.
Please make sure you have a good night’s rest and a wholesome meal before your session. This will make the process the easier to manage and you will be able to sit for longer. Please make sure you stay hydrated during your session. Should you feel sick please contact the shop before your appointment to reschedule. General hygiene and courtesy is expected on arrival
A free touch-up is valid for 6 months after your appointment, any touch-ups after this period will be charged accordingly to the work still needed. To avoid missing out on your free touch-up please keep your artist updated during the healing process.
Designs will be done on the day of the booking once a consultation has been accomplished. We do not charge for design time only tattoo time. This is so the process goes quick and smoothly. It also ensures that you receive the attention where you are personally involved with the designing of your tattoo. We have a 99 % success rate with this procedure, and we guarantee you will be happy with your design.
After your piece has been designed, your artist will stencil the image onto carbon paper creating a trace. The chosen area will be shaved by the artist if necessary. The trace is then applied to your skin, it can be re-stuck multiple times to fit the area as desired. Once both you and your artist are happy with the placement you will be seated in the artists booth. We use vegan friendly ink. We will start with line-work; the needle only penetrates the skin approximately 1.5mm to 2mm deep (no deeper than the 3rd layer of skin). Once done with line-work the artist will then proceed to colour or shade if the piece requires it. Once the piece has been completed, we will let the piece settle for a few minutes, should request be confirmed your artist will take a photo of your tattoo and proceed to wrap it in clingfilm, concluding the session.
A R600 deposit must be paid to secure your booking. A R1200 deposit must be made to secure a full day booking. The deposit will be deducted from the final tattoo price on the day of the booking. Please note that deposits are non-refundable. If cancellation is made within 48 hours of appointment the deposit will be kept.
- No person under the age of 18 is allowed to receive a tattoo from any artist from the “business” unless express consent is provided by a legal guardian.
- No person is allowed to be considered drunk or intoxicated before or during receiving a tattoo from any artist from the “business”.
- All rights are reserved on the premises of the “business”
- Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the tattoo equipment is looked after, well maintained and cared for, the “business” cannot and will not be held responsible in the event that any equipment becomes faulty before, during or after a tattoo is being done on its clients.
- No food is allowed into the shop of the “business”
- If required the “client” will need to provide a valid identification card and or drivers license.
- The “business” cannot and will not be held responsible in the event that the “client” and or any of the client’s family, colleagues, friends or acquaintances become injured or suffer any loss due to any damages that could occur or may be caused in the “business” premises.
- The “client” warrants that any and all tattoos provided by the “business” was and is currently authorised by the “client” to the extent that the final design and completion of the tattoo is exactly what the “client” originally requested and approved.
- Whilst every new client is provided clean new and unused needles it is the responsibility of the “client” the request proof of such and kindly ask the tattoo artist from the “business” to show the client the opening of the new and unused needles before any tattoo job is done by an artist from the “business”.
- The “client” warrants that they have no known health condition that could or would cause any injury to the artist from the “business” and or the “client” due to the cause from the process of tattooing and indemnifies the “business” and all it’s representatives from any law suite or claims that may arise as a direct result of the injury or illness sustained by the “client”.
- All tattoos provided to the “client” by the “business” are subject to acceptance and understanding of all the terms and conditions of the “business”.
- The “client” indemnifies the “business” from any claim and or law suite for any damages or loss that may be suffered by the “client” as a direct or indirect result of conducting any and all business on the “business” premises not limited only to receiving a tattoo but all activities occurring on the “business” premises.
- Indemnity, COVID-19 and daily register form to be filled out at ALL TIMES.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting our studio.
- NO mask, NO entry.
- Please refrain from touching your face as well as the area that is being tattooed or pierced.
- Please wear your face mask or buff at ALL TIMES.
- NO guests allowed.
- ONLY the person who is being tattooed or pierced is allowed into the studio.
- If you are experiencing or showing Flu-like symptoms, we reserve the right of refusal to work on you have self-quarantined for a minimum of 14 days.
- Should your temperature be more than 38.5 degrees, we reserve the right of refusal till you have self-quarantined for 14 days.
- Should you be sent home for self-quarantine, we will rebook your appointment for a later date.
- We reserve the right to keep your deposit, should you be sent home for any of the above reasons.
- PLEASE NOTE: Jaded Ink reserves the right of refusal, should you not comply with any of the above protocols.
General pricing starts at R400 which includes basic jeweler.The final price is determined by the piece of jewelry that you want to get. Eg: A Swarovski jewel can sell for R800. The maximum you can look at spending on a piercing is R1350. (5 Opal cluster jewel).
Dermals are R750, private piercings are R750 per piercing. Single nipple is R450, for a double is R850. We also do smileys and bridge piercings (R400) Consultations are necessary for private piercings and projects; this is so we can see if your anatomy is compatible.
Anatomy can be an issues with all piercings, so please come in regardless of piercing type so we can check what is possible. There are many ways we can work around it. In some cases the anatomy will not allow it at all, in which case we will advise an alternative piercing instead of causing damage to the anatomy.
We use quality jewelery, you have to keep it in so rather buy something that you will love.